HELIOS is a revolutionary platform capable of automatically performing all immunofluorescence pipetting and reading steps . It is the first and only system that performs this process continuously from start to finish. The HELIOS fully addresses and overcomes the known limitations of IFA, enabling the user to adopt it as the Autoimmunity reference screening method. Load your samples and reagents, collect your images. It is as simple as that.
- Slide Barcode Reader
Slide barcode reader ensures slide traceability. The AESKUSLIDES IFA reagents are barcoded with all necessary information (reference, lot, etc.) including a unique serial number. This feature offers complete traceability for the whole process ensuring compliance with laboratory accreditation.
How it works
- Start your worklist electronically. Sample barcode reader provides your sample ID, whilst connectivity ensures the right tests and dilutions are selected for each sample ID.
- Load the samples and reagents, press start, walkaway and collect your images. HELIOS is the only system that can process and automatically start reading without the necessity to transfer the slides to a separate reader.
- The above preparation for the run takes less than 10 minutes of your time.
- No need to manually add mounting medium (the system automatically dispenses the right amount for you.
- No need to place coverslips, the system is designed to read without coverslips.
If you would like to keep the slides for archiving or for manual reevaluation you can add a coverslip and view them under a regular microscope.
(Unlike other automated microscopes, HELIOS and AESKUSLIDES use standard conjugates enabling you to view the slides under a regular microscope).
- HELIOS presents the following data after the run:
sample data, substrate, dilution etc., images taken automatically, classification suggestion (+ / -) per image so that you can decide what to do with these samples.
It also provides a section to define follow up steps and allow you to select other confirmatory tests or titrations that can be reported.
HELIOS provides a revolutionary immunofluorescence platform incorporating many benefits in a single machine, including:
- FULL TRACEABILITY
- NO DARKROOM NEEDED
- SLIDE PROCESSING AND READING
- POWERFUL INTEGRATED RESULT DOCUMENTATION
- DIGITAL RESULTS ARCHIVE
- STANDARDIZATION OF IFA PROCEDURE
- HOMOGENEOUS WORKING PROTOCOL
- RESOURCE OPTIMIZATION
- WALKAWAY PROCESSING
- INCREASED THROUGHPUT
- UP TO 720 WELLS PROCESSED IN NORMAL WORKING DAY
- SIMPLE IMPLEMENTATION IN LAB ROUTINE
- SPACE SAVING FOOTPRINT (70 CM)
- WEIGHTS ONLY 33 KG